Update day: 11-02-2024
Job type: Full-time, Permanent
At Hitachi Energy our purpose is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
Do you thrive on building relationships, and would love to make a real difference to global environmental issues, by enabling our customers to achieve their decarbonisation / net zero goals through identification of opportunities and delivery of innovative solutions? We’re looking for someone to join our Finance team as an Operations Unit Business Controller managing a small team in Ireland and financial performance within Ireland. Support effective business decisions by monitoring, analysing, and interpreting financial data to evaluate various business alternatives and recommend the most appropriate business solutions. Drive definition and implementation of standards and business specific guidelines in financial control processes.
- Contribute to the definition of the strategy for the business unit. Serve as the key partner for the relevant business leader in determining strategy for area of responsibility and developing a global business model, aligning with wider strategy, implementing, and adjusting in implementation as needed.
- Maintain constant contact with relevant Managers and Controllers regarding financial, market and customer situation and outlook.
- Business planning and forecasting translates strategy into business plans and establish measurable targets. Oversee the business planning and forecasting process for the area of responsibility and serve as the interface to Local BU/Division Manager. Evaluate financial implications of various strategic decisions, build scenarios and recommend actions.
- Monitor business performance progress and provides insight and analysis to support operational decision-making. Identify issues and advise management on action plans and operational strategies to resolve. Drive appropriate cost structure, productivity optimization, and capital efficiency. Manage and closely monitor the cash flow and take action to improve Net Working Capital.
- Support risk management to assess business risk exposure and define risk mitigation strategies to reduce impact on business performance. Ensure risk management processes are consistently implemented in own area of responsibility. Identify and communicate commercial and financial risks and opportunities from business propositions.
- Optimization Leads cross-functional initiatives that support strategic goals. Drive definition and implementation of global standards and business specific guidelines to ensure continuous improvement in the financial control process within own area of responsibility.
- Communication and knowledge sharing lead, provide guidance and facilitate best practice sharing between Local Business Controllers within own area of responsibility to ensure alignment and consistency of controlling practices. Ensures timely and efficient communication with relevant Local Controllers, Finance Group functions and other internal customers to identify and discuss issues for improvement of operations, work quality and efficiency for area of responsibility.
- Qualified Accountant
- Proven experience working as a Business Controller, or similar – Ideally 5 years of experience within a similar environment
- Strong ability to build internal relationships and manage expectations
- Experience in leading a small team
- SAP Project Systems experience or similar
More about us
Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 38,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 10-03-2024🌏 Dublin City, Dublin
⏰ 20-03-2024🌏 Dublin City, Dublin
⏰ 09-03-2024🌏 Dublin City, Dublin
⏰ 13-03-2024🌏 Dublin City, Dublin
💸 €80,000 a year⏰ 11-04-2024🌏 Dublin City, Dublin
⏰ 27-03-2024🌏 Sandyford, Dublin
⏰ 22-03-2024🌏 Dublin City, Dublin
⏰ 24-03-2024🌏 Dublin City, Dublin
⏰ 09-03-2024🌏 Dublin City, Dublin
⏰ 10-03-2024🌏 Dublin