Update day: 03-03-2024
Category: Information Technology
PFH Technology are looking for an IT Support Engineerto join our client’s growing team in Galway.
Objective: Provide hands on end user support, administration, installation and issue resolution onsite for our client.
Experience in Networking or a keen interest in Networking would be a distinct advantage.
Contract: 6-month contract initially with expectation that this will be extended
Start Date: Feb 2024
- Client is embarking on a huge Network refresh which will involve a whole new fit-out and this role is to assist the on-premise team with same
- Will involve a lot of racking and stacking and patching so a good attention to detail would be beneficial
- Successful candidate will be exposed to some very new and current technologies and product sets and will be involved in a very exciting project
Responsibilities may include, but are not restricted to:
- Assist the team with network refresh across client site
- Experience in racking, stacking, patching
- Establish and build on good working relationship with clients
- Troubleshoot and if required, referral of hardware faults to third parties
- Where appropriate, assign warranties on hardware to third parties
- System administration using Active Directory
- Troubleshoot issues with Windows accounts/mailboxes
- Troubleshoot system problems, diagnose and solve software faults e.g. Citrix
- Install and configure computer hardware and peripherals, operating systems and applications
- System Administration – amend privileges / security permissions on server shares, setup of new shared folders on existing shares
- Manage pst requests and data requests for staff moves
- Liaise with third party vendors for softwarehardware installation
- Deal with ‘how to’ and information requests including data security and ICT policies
- Liaison with local and national ICT teams, e.g. Server and Network management to find root cause for recurring issues.
- Document new solutions
- Install individual software requests
- Access consoles to push or provide solutions for requests e.g. Content encryption
- Follow and adhere to SD processes, procedures and follow escalation process and other matters as appropriate
- Coordinate office activities to secure efficiency and compliance to procedures and processes
- Create and update records and databases with personnel, financial and other data
- Submit timely reports and prepare presentations/proposals as assigned
- Assist colleagues as requested
- 3+ years’ experience in an IT environment preferably in Windows 10 installations. Demonstrate good problem solving, analytical and decision making skills
- Networking experience for a large-sized company
- Excellent customer service skills with an ability to empathise with users and help them adapt to their new technologies. User experience is key for this project
- Must demonstrate experience of having an excellent working knowledge of the full Microsoft Office suite and report writing.
- Demonstrate evidence of production of quality deliverables
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to organise work with an organized manner
- Self-starter with a willingness to take responsibility
- The ability to interact with key stakeholders in a professional manner
- Third Level Education Qualification is preferable.
PFH is a premier provider of end-to-end ICT solutions and a managed services portfolio scaling from SMEs to large Enterprise organisations. We have unrivalled vendor relationships. We can procure, design, deploy and support all your ICT needs. Our ISO certified Custodian™ Cloud Services and Custodian™ Managed Services provide the technology and expertise to mitigate risk and reduce your costs immediately. We have a nationwide network of over 450 dedicated professionals, including over 350 qualified engineers, ready to meet your ICT needs, with offices in Dublin, Cork and Galway.
Click to apply for free candidate