Update day: 14-02-2024
Category: Human Resources
Position: Mid-Senior level
Job type: Full-time
Avoca operates in 14 locations across the country. After all this time, the ethos of Avoca remains the same. We cherish our time-honoured traditions, which have been lovingly passed down through several generations. Our skills might be steeped in a long and rich tradition, but our attitude is to look to the future. We are now heralded as one of Ireland’s most exciting retail stores, with a host of award-winning cafes, restaurants and food markets crammed with artisanal ingredients from near and far.
HR & Training Advisor
Reporting directly to the HR Business Partner, the HR & Training Advisor role will be well suited to a proactive, self-guided HR graduate who is passionate about gaining wide experience in the Human Resources function. The successful candidate will be tasked with providing high quality support across a variety of lines of business and will work in conjunction with other members of the wider HR team to deliver an effective and efficient HR support service to the business. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual who is interested in developing their HR experience as opportunities to learn and develop will be provided with the role. This role is based in the Avoca Head Office, Kilmacanogue, Co Wicklow.
Scope of the role:
To provide a fully comprehensive support to ensure the effective running and operation of the Human Resource Team.
- Work with business to ensure that recruitment processes fully support business objectives
- Manage short, and long-term sick caseload, statutory sick pay, and company doctor appointments
- Support, organise and drive Avoca’s training agenda and events
- Maintain full compliance with capturing, tracking, and maintaining employees work visas
- Collation and organisation of data through use of systems and databases to include weekly/monthly and ad hoc reporting on employee related metrics
- Ensuring compliance with Company policies, best HR practice and employment legislation, while advising on first line queries
- Supporting the business by contributing to the resolution of day-to-day HR enquires
- Acting as note taker in on the record meetings
- Maintain employees personnel files
- Drafting letters – letters of appointment, transfer letters, changes to terms and conditions letters, confirmation of employment, maternity leave, force majeure leave, invites to meetings, etc
- Assist in the delivery of HR projects as required and in line with objectives set
- Preparation and attendance if required at 3rd party hearings with HR BP
- Maintain the company’s internal communications channels including app, email, and notices
- Keep up to date with legislation and practices within the industry
- To promote a professional image of the HR team at all times maintaining the highest standards of integrity at all time.
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience in a similar HR Administration, Advisor or Generalist role
- A HR qualification or working towards one which is accredited by CIPD or similar
- Problem solving and solution orientated
- Ability to work in fast paced environment
- Strong Microsoft office skills
- Data management experience preferable
- Highly organised and good time management
- A willingness to learn and develop
- Ad hoc duties as required
Why work with us?
We’re always on the lookout for like-minded folks to join our merry band of men and women. So, apart from coming to work with your amazing teammates every day, we also offer the following benefits:
- Pension Scheme
- Professional Development
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Family Friendly Policies
- Life Assurance Benefit
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- Health & Wellness Programmes
Avoca is an equal opportunities employer.
Click to apply for free candidate