Update day: 11-02-2024
Category: Civil / Construction
Job type: Full-time
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Dairymaster Global Headquarters, Causeway, Tralee, Co. Kerry, Ireland.
- Assist the Health and Safety Manager/ Department in the day to day to activities throughout the business.
- Support and provide technical expertise and Health & Safety advice to Managers, Supervisors and Employees to ensure legislative compliance and improve Health & Safety in the business.
- Promote safe systems of work in line with Health & Safety standards and best practice. Foster a culture where safety is placed at the fore of all undertakings by the organisation for the protection of our colleagues and stakeholders.
- Conduct scheduled formal site audits and carry out inspections for Dairymaster and on customer installation sites for Health and Safety compliance and ensure policies and procedures are being properly implemented and adhered to. Follow up and produce reports that suggest improvements when and where required.
- Conduct and review risk assessments and ensuring that all documentation is kept up to date.
- Support managers / supervisors in performing internal risk assessments and implementing corrective actions.
- Conduct regular briefings & toolbox talks with supervisors / employees to ensure staff are kept up to date with Health and Safety related information.
- Facilitating of Weekly/Monthly Safety meetings with production personnel / managers.
- Deliver Health and Safety inductions for employees / contractors and set up other safety training as required.
- Assist in the identifying of training needs and assist in the management of training records.
- Assist as required in the development of training plans and training courses to ensure that appropriate training is carried out.
- Assist in the development of health and safety procedures, policies, training material, work instructions, checklists etc. and to assist in the implementation of safety policies and procedures in accordance with ISO standards.
- Ensure the reporting and investigation procedures for accidents/incidents to establish the root causes and preventative measures required as well as producing statistics Ensure all accidents and near misses are reported investigated and actioned.
- Assist in the updating and maintaining of Safety Statements and RAMs.
- Advise on and implementing occupational health requirements to ensure compliance with legal requirements across the Dairymaster sites and on customer installation sites as appropriate.
- Assist in carrying out emergency plans and fire drills. Assist in the preparation and implementation of site emergency preparedness and response plan(s).
- Ensuring contractor safety management arrangements are implemented and maintained across all applicable locations.
- Promoting a positive safety culture in the company & coach employees on positive health & safety practices.
- Qualification in Health & Safety
- Minimum 1 year experience in a manufacturing environment or construction
- Good working knowledge of Health & Safety and Safety Systems
- Up to date knowledge of H&S Legislation
Viewing of a portfolio either online or soft copy is desirable.
An attractive salary is on offer for the right candidate.
We aim to fill these positions immediately, interested applicants should email their C.V along with a cover letter describing why they are suited to this position to firstname.lastname@example.org Applicants should make sure to put position name in the subject line of the email.
Closing date for applications: Friday 29th April at 5pm.
Job Type: Full-time
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 01-04-2024🌏 Monaghan City, Monaghan
⏰ 01-04-2024🌏 Dundalk, Louth
⏰ 01-04-2024🌏 Limerick City, Limerick
⏰ 01-04-2024🌏 Tipperary City, Tipperary
⏰ 01-04-2024🌏 Kilkenny City, Kilkenny
⏰ 01-04-2024🌏 Kildare City, Kildare
💸 €90,000/yr - €100,000/yr⏰ 01-04-2024🌏 Drogheda, Louth
⏰ 01-04-2024🌏 Maynooth, Kildare
⏰ 01-04-2024🌏 Kilkenny City, Kilkenny
⏰ 01-04-2024🌏 Portlaoise, Laois