Update day: 13-02-2024
Category: Education / Training
Salary: €12 - €13 an hour
Within Midleton FRC,_ Early Years Childcare Practitionersnurture and care for children who have not yet entered formal schooling ( Creche, Pre-school) or are currently engaged in primary education (After-school programme)._
Midleton FRC believe that Childcare Practitioners play an important role and have a duty of care to support children to achieve learning and developmental milestones in a fun and interactive way, using activities that stimulate the child’s physical, emotional, intellectual, and social growth. They support and promote children exploring their individual interests, develop talents and independence, build self-esteem, and learn how to socialise through appropriate play with their peers in a safe environment.
Midleton Community Forum clg
Midleton Family Resource Centre
Early Years Educator
Relevant qualification (Minimum) in Childcare (FETAC Level 5/6)
At least one years work experience in a professional Childcare setting or related field
Ultimately responsible to the Board of Management and the Company Co-ordinator and on a daily basis to the Childcare Supervisor
The Early Years Childcare Practitioner will be responsible for the effective daily running of the Childcare facility, this incorporates the Crèche, Pre-School and After- School services, The Early Years Childcare Practitioner will be instructed and supported in His/her duties by the Childcare Supervisor.
The Early Years Childcare Practitioner will report directly to the Childcare Supervisor on all matters pertaining to the Childcare Facility. The Early Years Childcare Practitioner may also report to the Company Co-ordinator when deemed reasonable and appropriate.
Supervision will be carried out on a regular basis (6-8 week intervals). The Childcare Supervisor will ensure that supervision sessions are conducted in a meaningful and appropriate manner.
Midleton Community Forum – Private & Confidential
Duties:Early Years Childcare Practitioner
The following is not a definitive list, more an outline of general duties, therefore the Early Years Childcare Practitioner may on occasion be required to carry out activities/ duties not currently mentioned.
- Maintain a friendly, safe and supportive environment where the children can develop life skills
- Daily supervision and observation of all Children using the Crèche, Pre-School and After School Facility
- Develop a programme of activities that is appropriate and in accordance with the ethos of Midleton Community Forum
- Implementing and reviewing activities that support children’s physical, emotional, social and cognitive development
- Capitalize on children’s play to further language development (storytelling and acting games)
- Maintain the highest standards in hygiene, including personal hygiene.
- Compiling and updating of Childcare Records
- Greeting/contact Parents/ Guardians when appropriate and to be always courteous to Parents/Guardians and Visitors to the facility.
- Organising and implementing regular fire drills
- Part- take in training activities when/where organised or advised
- Prepare meals/snacks for children where appropriate
- Advise the Childcare Supervisor immediately of any concerns pertaining to the safety of a Child, parent or fellow member of staff.
- All correspondence and changes to schedules/ programme of activities must be authorised by Childcare Supervisor and endorsed by Company Co-ordinator
- Required to do some out of hours work – (Toil)
- Responsible for the maintenance and light cleaning of areas specific to his/her work
- Work as part of a team, but be able to use his/her own initiative also
- Accompany children on Facility outings/trips outside the centre
- Attend meetings that are relevant when and where required
- Record Hours worked on time-sheets provided and submit them on a weekly basis to the Childcare Supervisor for authorisation
- Any other duties when required
Contract length: 12 months
Application deadline: 14/9/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: €12.00-€13.00 per hour
- On-site parking
- Monday to Friday
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 22-03-2024🌏 Cork City, Cork
⏰ 25-03-2024🌏 Cork City, Cork
⏰ 29-03-2024🌏 Cork
⏰ 18-03-2024🌏 Cork City, Cork
⏰ 31-03-2024🌏 Cork City, Cork
⏰ 31-03-2024🌏 Cork City, Cork
⏰ 21-03-2024🌏 Cork City, Cork
⏰ 24-03-2024🌏 Cork City, Cork
⏰ 29-03-2024🌏 Cork City, Cork
⏰ 24-03-2024🌏 Skibbereen, Cork